The Cougar Courier

The student news site of North Providence High School

The Cougar Courier

The Cougar Courier

NPHS 2024 Film Festival is On!

August R. Hansen

Don’t be that guy or the odd one out, and stay home alone Thursday night, March 28, 6:30 PM. With tickets on sale until the day of the affair, claim your spot now and join in on the NPHS student-run, one-of-a-kind Film Fest! Decadent homemade cookies, fresh popcorn straight from CinemaWorld, and many other treats will satisfy your cravings as you witness some peak entertainment in our very own school gymnasium. 

Three independent short films are to be showcased by seniors Darrien Giuliano– a star of her time, broadcasting her talents in several Drama Club productions like the upcoming Addams Family Musical-, Andrew Grinnell- famously that one horse in last years 9-5: The Musical, and mafia man in Reunited Shorts-, Juliana Piccirillo– better known as Picasso, receiving the “Most Artistic” superlative, and Alyssa Walker– A scholar, an academic, being the National Honor Society Historian. With all these overachieving renowned students hosting an entertaining, comically superior school event, why risk it and miss out on the extravagance?! 

THAT IS NOT ALL! Guest stars Gianluca Albanese, Andrew Karageorgeous, Leo Giusti, and further considerable A-Lists play grand roles in bringing these pieces to life. For only $5 a ticket, spend your pocket change and get your life changed. Your $5 will be donated to the New Urban Arts Center in Providence, helping mentors resource young minds in finding their passion for the arts. Moreover, the center supports adolescents in discovering their voices and gaining new confidence.

So come one, come all! Invite your friends, family, and anyone who wants to have the night of their life and see this NPHS Film Festival! (No school the next day either, due to Good Friday.)