Top 10 Holiday Gifts of 2021 for Teens

Eva St-Germain, Reporter

These results come from North Providence High school students who were surveyed with forty different items you might want for the holidays. The holidays are coming up fast, so whether you are getting a gift for a friend, brother, sister, or you need an idea for your wish list, here are the top 10 things that teens want for Christmas this year.

Number 10: Makeup / Concert Tickets

An always popular gift teens want is makeup. Some popular makeup brands are Guerlain, Maybelline New York, Clarins, Lancome, L’Oreal, Dior, Estee Lauder, and Chanel. 31.6% of teens want makeup for the holidays. Concert tickets are also tied for number 10; teens love to see their favorite artists live. If you want to give a teen a great experience, a concert ticket is a wonderful gift.

Number 9: Laptop

In this digital world, teens need something to do their schoolwork, play games, and watch their favorite shows. That’s why a laptop is a perfect gift for a teen. 31.6% of students wanted a laptop.

Number 8: Books

Adults may be shocked and claim that their phone is all their teen cares about, but this is not the case. Teens want books! 31.6% of teens say they wanted books this holiday season. Whether it’s a comic book, manga, graphic novel, or regular chapter book, they want it all. So ask whoever you’re buying for what genre they are interested in, and there are unlimited options to choose from!

Number 7: Car 

Starting to drive is a massive milestone for teens that offers them a sense of freedom like nothing else. If you are looking for something to really wow a teen and have a few thousand dollars to spend, a car is an excellent gift. 31.8% of students said they wanted a car.

Number 6: Skin care products

Taking care of your skin is essential, and teens are getting into the habit of making sure their skin looks good. For skincare, teens love facemasks, sunscreen, facial cleansers, moisturizers, and so much more. Remember, all skin is beautiful, but if you are looking for something to take care of it, there are unlimited options. 42.1% of teens wanted skincare products.

Number 5: Sweatshirts

All love cozy, comfy, and cute sweatshirts. They are worn all through the winter and during cold days in any season. Some favorite brands are Vans, Patagonia, Columbia, Volcom, Hollister, Old Navy, Nike, Adidas, The North Face, Burton, New Balance, Hurley, and many more. 47.4% of teens hope for a sweatshirt as a gift.

Number 4: Sneakers

Boys, girls, and everyone in between enjoy a cute sneaker to go with their outfits, whether it’s for athletics or just for fashion some of the most popular sneaker brands are Nike, Adidas, converse, Jordans, Vans, etc. 50% of teens want sneakers for the holidays.

Number 3: Clothes

You can never go wrong with clothes, well you can, but you are sure to find something that a teen would like with these famous brands. They include H&M, Vans, Lululemon, Forever 21, PacSun, Hollister, Adidas, American Eagle, Nike, and so many more. 50% of teens want clothes.

Number 2: Room Decor

Room Decor is a favorite amongst teens. They love to personalize their space with all sorts of different things. Vines, fairy lights, posters, led lights, tapestries are just some of the things that you could get. 55.3% of teens want room decor as a gift.

Number 1: Cash 

I know, I know, cash isn’t what most people want to give as a gift, but for a teen who doesn’t have a full-time job, it’s nice to have some extra money to spend, and they have the freedom to buy stuff themselves. Cash can be used for many things, from buying clothes, going out to eat, or paying for gas money. 68.4% of teens want money for a gift.

Disclaimer: These gifts are purely opinion based from a survey conducted amongst students of North Providence High School.