Cougar Sports Teams Make Final Push

The Cougar Football team defeated Hope High School by a score of 50-12 on homecoming day.

Carl Picerno, Sports Editor

North Providence High School has seen much success lately from all of the sports teams. Here are the records and updates from all fall sports teams heading into the playoff push.

Football: The Cougar football team holds a 4-2 league record and a 5-2 overall record standing in 3rd place in Division IV. Their next game is on October 29th at Exeter-West Greenwich/Prout as they look to make a strong push for the playoffs.

Girls Tennis: The Lady Cougar tennis team finished out their regular season with a 6-1 victory over North Smithfield on October 22nd, leading them to an impressive 13-3 record in Division II. They head into the playoffs this week in a quarterfinal match against Mt. Hope High School.

Boys Soccer: The Cougar soccer team holds a 9-2-3 record and stands in 3rd place in Division III. Their next game is October 27th against Woonsocket High School as they look to make a push for the playoffs.

Girls Soccer: The Lady Cougar soccer team holds a 6-4-5 record and stands in 9th place in Division II. Their next game is on October 26th against Moses Brown.

Boys Cross Country: The Cougar cross country team holds a 5-7 record and stands in 8th place in the Northern Division. They look to finish their season strong this week with the Freshman and Class Championship meets.

Girls Cross Country: The Lady Cougar cross country team holds a 6-6 record and stands in 7th place in the Northern Division. This week they will battle in the Freshman and Class Championship meets as their season winds down.

Congratulations to all teams on their success thus far and good luck in the upcoming weeks with playoffs right around the corner!