NPHS Swimmers Break Records For The 2018-2019 Season

Abigail Medeiros, Editor in Chief

A huge congratulations to the girls and boys swim teams for breaking astonishing records in this 2018-2019 season. From new Freshman nick named the “freshman phenoms”, to the Seniors, the team broke records and crushed this years season. The coaches of this astounding team are Crystal Bozigian and Steven Muccino. Coach Bozigian stated, “Both the boys and girls squads have been so fun to coach and watch all season long!” Many records were broken at the teams Swim States. To name a few out of many records broken this meet, Cassie Russo, Valentina Lopez, Marie Sinyan and Andrea Cortes broke their own records for a third meet in a row for the 200 Freestyle Relay. They achieved an amazing time of 1:50.88. Two freshman ended up breaking new school records as well. At the RIIL State Championship, Freshman Andrea Cortes crushed the 100 Butterfly with a time of 1:06.08 shattering the record of 1:08.73, previously set by Jessica Hanch in 2009. The second school record that was broken was in the next event, where Andrea broke her own record of 58.82 which was set last week in Divisions for the 100 Freestyle, with a new record time of 57.99. Overall, the meets and state championships prove that this team is hardworking and dedicated to success. What a great way to end the season! Once again, congratulations to the hard work of the boys and girls swim teams, including the endless dedication of Coach Bozigian and Muccino.