Cougar Wrestling wins Mountie Invite

The Cougars are quietly becoming a forced to be reckoned with

Nathan Moreira, Sports Editor

Going under the radar is what they’re good at. The Cougar Wrestling team has again finished on top and this time with some out of state competition. The Cougars went up to Mount Greylock Regional High School in Williamstown, Massachusetts to compete in the 24th Annual Mountie Invitational. The Cougars ended up winning the tournament with a total score of 152 team points, 13 more than 2nd place Taconic Highs School of Pittsfield, MA. The Cougars had 8 placers, Biagio Rizzo, Josh Wheeler, Ethan Young, Danny Martinez, Pamadou Trawally, Nathan Moreira, Jake Martin, and tournament champion at 113 lbs., Angelo Rizzo. The Cougars came up on top over 25 other teams form all over New England and New York. North Providence wrestling has quietly been racking up victories as they’re atop Division I-B with a 9-1 record  and are blowing out division competitors regular by 40 points or more. The Cougars  are one of the top contenders in the state to win the coveted State Tournament Championship, something never done before in North Providence history. Their next competition is a quad meet against Cumberland, North Kingstown and division rival Mt. Hope. Mt. Hope is currently sitting in 2nd place in Division I-B with a 3-4 record.